Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Wow.....I need to get a life. I obviously created this post 4 years ago and haven't done anything with it. It's time I got the lead out (you will find many age-related "isms" here) and got started. I've always wanted to write and have been told I have a knack, so, here goes.

Scukie.....I'm part Scottish, part Ukrainian, all Canadian. I'm now 56 and feelin' my age! I had thought of a different moniker....Kubasa on Rye with a side of Haggis.....since I am part of that wonderful sandwich generation. Teenage child and an 84 year old mother. The teenage child no longer needs my help (well, sometimes) and my 84 year old mother, needs me more and more.

It's hard being in this "place". Sometimes I need to just kvetch
(no Jewish blood that I know of in the family line, but it's a good word) so I thought this was as good a place as any. A blog won't say "uh huh, uh huh" on the other end of the line and screen it's calls .... "oh no, it's HER again, same old, same old".

Don't get me wrong, I have fabulous friends who will listen and support - mainly because they're all in the same boat. I need more of an outlet and, well, this is it.


No comments: