Sunday, August 23, 2009

Bananagrams

Brilliant little game in a banana.  We were introduced to it by our family in Winnipeg up at their cottage in Matlock.  Rainy days plagued our visit, so walks on the beach were not an option.  So much fun "splitting, peeling and dumping" and yelling "Bananas"!  I've seen it at Mastermind.  For us aging boomers, it's a great way to keep the brain oiled and in working condition.  Any age can play, including early readers.  

Which leads me to our Saturday night.  No Bananagrams (would be too much time pressure for my mom), but we went over to Mom's for Chinese and Scrabble.  "I" joined us and we had a nice evening.  Mom seemed in good spirits and today she's watching "those bums", aka The Blue Jays.  Who knows, maybe they're not bums today.  It's early in the game.

A week left until The Kid leaves for school.  Makes me sad thinking about it, so I'm making her a peach pie in a vain attempt at keeping her here forever.  

No comments: