Saturday, September 12, 2009

Peaches

A while back I promised you a peach cake recipe....here it is! My nieces in Winnipeg salivate when I say I'm making this. Thanks to my elementary school buddy for the recipe!!

5 Star Peach Pie (more like 10 Star))

Crust
2 c. all purpose flour
2/3 c sugar
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 c butter

Combine. Pat into buttered pan and bake for 15 minutes at 350 degrees. Watch so that it doesn't brown.

Filling
2 beaten eggs
1/2 tsp almond extract (optional)
1 c sugar
1/4 c flour
3/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
3/4 chopped nuts (optional...I don't use them)
5 c peeled, sliced peaches (freestone work the best)*

Combine filling ingredients and pour over top of partially baked base.

Bake at 35o for 40-45 minutes. Let cool.

** to peel peaches easily, score them, drop into boiling water for a minute or two and then plunge into icewater. Skins slide off!

YUMMY!!!

No comments: